Usk is a small market town of 2300 people in South East Wales. Its history goes back to the Romans and Normans.
The Usk in Bloom committee was formed in 1981 by a group of enthusiasts. Since then the town has won many awards and attracted visitors to its wonderful display of flowers. All work is done by volunteers.
Wales in Bloom 2021 has given us a Gold Award even though the pandemic has limited our activities.
- Winner of Communities in Bloom (World) Small International Category 2018
- Winner of the Wales in Bloom Large Village 2019. And it’s a Gold! 38th year of winning Wales in Bloom!
- Britain in Bloom 2018 Finalist Gold Medal.
- We won Britain in Bloom 2017. Usk was named joint winner of the large village category in the Royal Horticultural Society’s Britain in Bloom awards.
- Won “Britain in Bloom” five times, finalists in another six years.
- Represented the United Kingdom in the European Entente Floral competition on three occasions.
The aims of the committee are to:-
- Improve Usk by the imaginative planting of trees, shrubs, bulbs and floral displays.
- Address environmental issues and preserve wildlife.
- Work with and educate the youngsters in Usk from nursery to junior age.
- Continuously plant and maintain the current flower beds and tubs around the town.
- Foster partnerships with other organisations in Usk to achieve these aims.
For more information please contact:
We are delighted that the Co-op have chosen Usk in Bloom as one of its Community Fund charities for 2021. It means that when you shop at the Co-op, either in person or online, you can ensure that for every £1 you spend on Co-op branded products and services, the Co-op donates 1p to Usk in Bloom on your behalf. Click for details:- Co-op Fund promotion
Registered charity number:- 1152881