Usk is a small market town of 2300 people in South East Wales. Its history goes back to the Romans and Normans.
Usk in Bloom has won a GOLD award again in 2023 from Wales in Bloom.
And Usk in Bloom wins WALES IN BLOOM for their class for 2023.
The Usk in Bloom committee was formed in 1981 by a group of enthusiasts. Since then the town has won many awards and attracted visitors to its wonderful display of flowers. All work is done by volunteers.
- Winner of Communities in Bloom (World) Small International Category 2018
- Joint Winner of the Wales in Bloom Large Village 2022. And it’s a Gold! 39th year of winning Wales in Bloom!
- Britain in Bloom 2018 Finalist Gold Medal.
- We won Britain in Bloom 2017. Usk was named joint winner of the large village category in the Royal Horticultural Society’s Britain in Bloom awards.
- Won “Britain in Bloom” five times, finalists in another six years.
- Represented the United Kingdom in the European Entente Floral competition on three occasions.
The aims of the committee are to:-
- Improve Usk by the imaginative planting of trees, shrubs, bulbs and floral displays.
- Address environmental issues and preserve wildlife.
- Work with and educate the youngsters in Usk from nursery to junior age.
- Continuously plant and maintain the current flower beds and tubs around the town.
- Foster partnerships with other organisations in Usk to achieve these aims.
For more information please contact:
Help ensure that beautiful Usk continues to be the ‘Town of Flowers’.
Volunteer Contact- Jan Mundy at 01291 672713 or at email@example.com
Become a Friend and/or make a regular donation please go to :-
Registered charity number:- 1152881