Usk is a small market town of 2300 people in South East Wales. Its history goes back to the Romans and Normans.
The Usk in Bloom committee was formed in 1981 by a group of enthusiasts. Since then the town has won many awards and attracted visitors to its wonderful display of flowers. All work is done by volunteers.
- Winner of Communities in Bloom (World) Small International Category 2018
- Winner of the Wales in Bloom Large Village 2018. And it’s a Gold! 37th year in a row!
- Britain in Bloom 2018 Finalist Gold Medal.
- We won Britain in Bloom 2017. Usk was named joint winner of the large village category in the Royal Horticultural Society’s Britain in Bloom awards.
- Winners of class in “Wales in Bloom” 1982 to 2018.
- Won “Britain in Bloom” five times, finalists in another six years.
- Represented the United Kingdom in the European Entente Floral competition on three occasions.
The aims of the committee are to:-
- Improve Usk by the imaginative planting of trees, shrubs, bulbs and floral displays.
- Address environmental issues and preserve wildlife.
- Work with and educate the youngsters in Usk from nursery to junior age.
- Continuously plant and maintain the current flower beds and tubs around the town.
- Foster partnerships with other organisations in Usk to achieve these aims.
For more information please contact:
Usk in Bloom Chairman – Tony Kear email@example.com 07824810182
If you donate to charity why not consider donating to our cause via:
Registered charity number:- 1152881